Wednesday, November 09, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Monika Makes A Card To Suit Her Sentiment


Hello Crafty Friends! It's Monika here today. The current stamp club set, Life In Full Color, has so many beautiful sentiments, one of which got my imagination going for today's project.



'Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life', I immediately had this image of a paint brush brightening dull colours, which led me to using the ARTplorations A Bloom And Three Buds Stencil. All I had to figure out was the layout of my elements.


I cut a piece of white card to size, layered and arranged the bloom, brush and sentiment. At this point I realized that I needed to incorporate the brush into the same layer as the stenciled bloom and buds. It became important to me to keep the brush tip connected to the bud for the colour to seep into the bud. Fuzzy cutting would have broken that link for me. Sometimes I can be very fussy.


Anyhow, I took a mental picture, lifted the stencil with the stamps off, positioned my card in my MISTI and, with the stencil hovering roughly in position, placed my brush stamp carefully on my white card.


I then flipped the lid over to pick up my stamp and stamped the brush using black Memento ink.


I masked my brush and stenciled the flower, buds and leaves in pink and green before going over part of my image with grey ink to add the dust.


I then removed the stencil, kept my mask in place and added pink, green and grey halos. I removed the mask, coloured the brush with Promarkers, stamped my sentiment and layered on a matching pink base card.


That's it from me for today. Hope you enjoyed my little dusting and use of MISTI to place stamps in a way that coordinates with stencil ideas for an almost one layer card.

If you fancy trying out my idea or any other featured in Spotlight Projects, you can link your make up with our Spotlight Project Showcase and let us know what inspired you.


Have a lovely day!

hugs

Monika xxx


Here is what I used:


SheryRuss_LifeInFullColor-preview preview-web-stencil-a-bloom-and-three-buds


7 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love the stencil and color combo! Great sentiment and paintbrush from the Life in Full Color stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!!
    LOVE the sentiment, colours and design - Thank You for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your artsy card! The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card with wonderful colours, I love the stencil! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicate and so pretty and loving the masking for the brush x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors of the flowers.
    the sentiment is great - and so
    true.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. Love how you have placed the brush. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)