Tuesday, November 29, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Maria Spotlights Background Stamping


Back to an old favorite for me today - background stamping. And today I did it all with one single, not-so-large stamp.

Meet today's card.


STEP 1
I fell in love with the sentiments in Life in Full Color when I saw it. There are a few images which totally cater to artsy fartsy too! I took the single paint brush and made a BG to support the sentiment which I knew I needed to make into a card - Live Love Make Art ;)



STEP 2
Started stamping the brush image on my cardbase, stamping off onto Post-It notes to make masks as I went along. Fussy cut the masks.



STEP 3
Moving from the bottom up to the top I stamped, masked, stamped, masked...



 STEP 4
filled in the last empty spaces...



STEP 5
... and then went back in with a black Sharpie to touch up the image along the bottom which had not stamped completely. You can see the imperfect image in the above photo.



STEP 6
Put my brush to some primary colors in my watercolor box and randomly added a splotch of color to some brush tips.



Here's my finished card again. I die cut a black CS circle. Then finished it off with the heat embossed sentiment.


Hope you enjoyed my project. Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, make sure you hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.



TschĂĽss,

Maria


Products Maria used in today's project:


7 comments:

  1. Love the background.
    I haven't done much of this - never
    satisfied with what I get.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fun paintbrush card! Awesome masking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the graphic feel to this fabulous card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your tutorial in making this card - the masking techniques is very clever. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing the technique! great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stamped background. I need to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)