Tuesday, September 12, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Maria Spotlights Geometric Shapes



Hello STAMPlorations friends! I'm still playing around with Distress Oxides, today in combination with Distress Inks. And inspiration from Pinterest!


There's nothing tricky about this, but I thought I'd share my starting point and then, step by step how I created the design. Ready?

STEP 1
Gathered my supplies. Retro Mod Shapes, Birthday Word die, distress oxides and inks, cardstock and my phone with an inspiration from Pinterest on it. I veered a bit from the inspiration since I was stamping with smaller sized geometric shapes. For the same reason I didn't use the alpha stamps to spell "happy" on some of the shapes, similar to the inspiration, like I had originally planned.



STEP 2
I first pressed Cracked Pistachio and Forest Moss inks directly to CS, two of each to anchor the design.



STEP 3
Stamped 2 + 1 circles with Iced Spruce oxide.



STEP 4
Stamped 2 + 1 rectangles with Broken China oxide.



STEP 5
Stamped 2 + 1 squares (angled) with Cracked Pistachio oxide.



STEP 6
Stamped 2 + 1 circles with Broken China oxide to bring in more blue.



STEP 7
Stamped 2 + 1 rectangles with Cracked Pistachio ink.



STEP 8
Stamped 2 + 1 squares with Iced Spruce oxide.



STEP 9
Stamped 2 + 1 circles with Broken China oxide to bring in even more blue.



To finish it off I die cut "Birthday" from the panel and adhered it to a gray cardbase. A secondary sentiment from Christmas Cookies heat embossed onto a snippet completed my card.


I really like how the inks and oxides play together - the inks have a degree of transparency, the oxides are opaque. Watch for the debut of that die cut "birthday" in my next Spotlight post!

Remember if you try out any of the techniques, like playing with Distress Inks and Oxides or stamping a not-so-random random design, from our Spotlight posts, hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.


TschĂĽss,
Maria

3 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)